Cheesy Veggie Soup Recipe – Mealtime Monday
This delicious, cheesy veggie soup is quick and easy to prepare and full of healthy ingredients. If you have 30 minutes then you have dinner!
Cheesy Veggie Soup Recipe
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 Cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups (32 oz) chicken broth
- 1 pkg frozen California vegetable mix – broccoli, carrots and cauliflower
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- green onions to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place butter and flour in a large pot over medium high heat. Stir continually while butter melts and flour and butter form a smooth mixture.
- Add milk and stir until butter mixture blends smoothly into milk.
- Add broth and frozen veggies.
- When soup begins to simmer add the cream cheese in chunks, Stir until smooth. You might see some bits of cream cheese, that is alright (and delicious!)
- When soup is hot through, stir in cheddar cheese and serve. You might want to add a pinch of cheddar to the top of each serving and top with green onions.
For more delicious, family friendly recipes select the recipe tab on the blog! Let’s get the family around the table.