Potato Salad Recipe – Mealtime Monday
Potato Salad Recipe. Time Tested, Mother Approved!
Summer has arrived, and with it camping, family reunions and picnics. This weeks Mealtime Monday post is a delicious potato salad recipe. Potato Salad is a staple at cookouts, and when you take this one to your next summer gathering you are sure to make hungry tummies very happy! My mother has been making this potato salad recipe for as long as I can remember. I have made one slight change to the original by adding mustard, the way my husband enjoys it. I am happy to share it with you! The recipe is for a large size salad meant for sharing with a good sized group of people. Feel free to down size it if you want to, or enjoy the leftovers!
- 5 pound bag russet potatoes
- 6 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 bunch green onions, cut up
- 2 Tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and scrub potatoes and place in a large pot.
- Cover potatoes with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Let boil uncovered for about 15 minutes, until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove pot from heat and drain potatoes.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and cut potatoes into cubes, approximately 1 inch.
- Put cubed potatoes in a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir until well combined. Some of the potatoes and egg slices may break apart as you mix everything together, this is OK.
- Store covered, in the refrigerator.
- Serve chilled.