Fast, Easy One Pan Goulash Recipe
This delicious pasta dish is rich with tomatoes, ground beef, elbow macaroni and golden corn and cooks up in about 30 minutes! Even better, there is only one pan to wash!
- 1 pound lean or extra lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-14.5 ounce can of tomatoes. (Stewed tomatoes are also tasty.)
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 3 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- A pinch of granulated sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1-14.5 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- In a large frying pan with sides, cook onions in 1 teaspoon cooking oil of your choice, over medium high heat until translucent.
- Add ground beef to the pan; crumble and brown.
- When meat mixture is done cooking, carefully drain fat from mixture and return it to the pan.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and macaroni to the pan.
- Add water to the pan until meat and macaroni are covered.
- Add the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, sugar and salt to the mix.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low-medium low. Simmer for about 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- Stir in the corn and simmer uncovered 5 minutes more.