Chicken Cream Cheese Enchiladas Recipe – Mealtime Monday
This Chicken Cream Cheese Enchiladas recipe is so delicious you will never use another enchiladas recipe!
This Chicken Cream Cheese Enchiladas recipe has been making the rounds in our family for years. When our daughters went off to college it was the first recipe they asked for. It quickly became a favorite of room mates who have also asked for the recipe. Occasionally I will get a call from one of my children’s friends who wants to know how to make “those delicious chicken enchiladas”. Most recently, one of my sons called to verify the cooking time and temp so that he could prepare them for a “special friend”. This past week, while my hubby and I were visiting some of our children and grandchildren who live out of town, I made them for Sunday family dinner to the delight of all. I am so excited to share this recipe with you! I bet it becomes a favorite in your family too!
Chicken Cream Cheese Enchiladas Recipe
- 3 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 – 8 ounce brick of cream cheese
- 1 small can diced green chiles
- 1 large can red enchilada sauce, mild
- 8 flour tortillas, enchiladas or burrito size
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9×13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray for easy clean up.
- Combine shredded chicken, cream cheese and green chiles in a large bowl and mix well. (This works real well if your chicken is still hot from being cooked.)
- Pour enough enchilada sauce in the bottom of the pan to just cover it.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, place tortilla in the pan, spoon a generous amount of the chicken mixture in to the tortilla and roll it up. Slide it to one side. Continue with remaining tortillas.
- Pour the remaining enchiladas sauce evenly over the enchiladas in the pan, being sure to get around the edges of the pan so the ends of your enchiladas won’t get hard during baking.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top of the enchiladas and cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes if your chicken mixture is hot or 45 minutes if not, removing foil for the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.