Easy Chicken Tacos
I love this recipe because I throw everything in the crockpot when I walk out the door in the morning, and when I get home, dinner is ready!
- 2-3 whole chicken breasts. Mine usually go in frozen, but they don’t have to be.
- 1 pkg. Taco seasoning
- 1 pkg. Flour tortillas for tacos
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Taco sauce or salsa
- Sour cream
- For easy clean up spray inside of crockpot with non-stick cooking spray or use a crockpot liner.
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of crockpot or slow cooker. (If using frozen chicken breasts add ½ cup of water to the crock.)
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
- Cover; let cook on low 10 hours or high for about 6. My crockpot has a setting that starts on high and after an hour automatically switches to low for the remainder of the cooking time. This is the one I use.
- When ready to eat, shred chicken using 2 forks. This can be done right in the crock. Stir to get seasoning throughout and serve in tortillas with all the fix-ins.